Monday, July 20, 2009

Client of the Week!

I love this part of my week. I get to highlight one of the extraordinary businesses I have the privilege of working with. Today I want to bring your attention to Next Step Recycling. I cannot say enough about this amazing organization. They are so valuable to our community and to me. On a personal level, I love the Executive Director for her wit, humor, wisdom and depth. Lorraine Kerwood is a true inspiration and mentor. Lorraine was diagnosed as autistic and a labeled a special education child very early on, Lorraine never believed she could ever "be" anything important - or even that she could compete on an equal footing with other people.

To her surprise, when a friend prodded her into getting a college education she graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Oregon, with a bachelor's degree in Family and Community Services. She inspires me to resist those voices that tell me I "can't" and replace them with a resounding "Yes, I Can!!". Thanks for that, Lorraine.
I was so proud when she was honored as the Women Business Leader by the Chamber of Commerce last year.

On a professional note - NextStep Recycling has, with the help of hundreds of volunteers and community support, responsibly recycled more than 800 tons of electronic waste, and refurbished over 18,000 computers and other electronic devices - placing them with people who would not otherwise have access to this technology. They create jobs and bring awareness about the importance of recycling electronics.
We, as a community MUST Step up for NextStep! They need our support and they deserve it. Contact me to find out how you (or you business) can help this fantastic organization. OR, go to www.nextsteprecycling.org
If your organization is interested in having Lorraine speak at a conference or event, please contact me at 541.221.8592

No comments: